Your privacy is important to Solahart Industries Pty Ltd (ABN: 45 064 945 848) (“we”, “us” or “our”).
This policy governs our collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us. By visiting our website or providing us with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this policy or as otherwise disclosed by us at the time of collection.
We may update this policy from time to time. You can find the most current version on our websites.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold will depend on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include the following types of information:
- name, physical address and contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses;
- your interest in our products and services, and your purchase / service history;
- credit card details if you make a purchase with us;
- in addition, if you are a plumber or installer:
- the qualifications and licences you hold;
- the company or business you work for; and
- your participation in any of our incentive, loyalty or rewards programs.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you via our websites, the telephone, in writing or email; and/or
- indirectly from third parties, if necessary. For example, our service agent (a plumber) may provide us with information about you for the purpose of obtaining our products or services.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes for which it was provided, for other related purposes, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. In particular, we may use your personal information to:
- provide the products or services you have requested;
- respond to your enquiries;
- process sale transactions;
- provide you with information about our events or our products and services that may interest you, and more generally, to maintain our relationship with you;
- send promotional offers and marketing material to you;
- register you for, and administer, incentive/loyalty/reward programs;
- plan our product and service development;
- manage warranty claims;
- enhance your experience of our websites, and make these websites easier for you to use; and
- otherwise facilitate our business operations and processes.
You do not have to provide personal information to us if you do not wish to, but if you do not provide all the information we request, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services and with information about them.
What are your obligations when you provide personal information of others?
You must not provide us with personal information (including any sensitive information) about any other individual unless you have the express consent of that individual to do so. If you do provide us with such information about another individual, before doing so, you:
- warrant that you have that individual’s consent to provide their information to us.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Generally, we will obtain your consent before it discloses any personal information other than as specified in this policy. Consent may be given expressly or it may be implied.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our directors, officers, employees and related entities (including entities located overseas), for the purpose of our business and marketing purposes only, and the marketing purposes of our related entities;
- third party contractors and service providers that we use or interact with in the course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products and services, including plumbers and installers. (Personal information will be provided to these parties on a confidential basis, and their use of the information will be limited to our business purposes);
- if you are a plumber or installer, end users of our products or services; and
- our external service providers and advisers who have been engaged to provide us with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing, support or other services.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information to law enforcement or other government officials where we reasonably believe that this may be necessary or appropriate.
We will never sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to third parties.
Direct marketing and how to opt out
As set out above, we may use your personal information to send you information about our products and services, as well as promotional offers and other marketing material. However, if you prefer not to receive this information from us, you can opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
Online privacy and security
The type of information we require online depends on how you wish to use our websites. It is possible for you to visit our websites without telling us who you are.
In addition, whenever a page is accessed over the web, our websites record the time, date and URL (Uniform Resource Locater - global address on the WWW) of the request. This information cannot uniquely identify user information. It allows us to improve our service to you and to other customers as a whole. For example, we compile statistics that show the daily number of visitors to our sites, the daily requests we receive for particular files on our websites, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used internally to better provide services to our customers.
Our mobile applications
Rheem Australia Pty Ltd has developed and made available a mobile application called Rheem EZI SET®. The Rheem EZI SET® app allows individuals with Rheem continuous flow gas water heaters which have been installed with the Rheem EZI SET® control module to:
- set the water temperature for their entire home; and
- set their bath fill (ie. desired temperature and volume).
Our commitment to data security
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether in electronic or other form, from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for our business purposes and it is permissible by law to do so.
Access to your personal information
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, or you would like us to correct or update it, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We may charge you a fee where access to your personal information is provided.
Your complaint will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps that we will take to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if it requires any further information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Information Commissioner through its website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Address: 55 Brodie Street, Rydalmere NSW 2116, Australia or PO Box 7508, Silverwater NSW 2128
Attention: Privacy Officer
Telephone: (02) 9684 9100
Telephone: (02) 9684 9100