ATMOS Air: Key Attributes
Solahart Atmos-Air Heat Pumps are specially designed with multiple inbuilt protective features including:
- Enamel Lined Water Tank: The enamel coating and steel plate technology reduce the risk of corrosion and water leakage, ensuring high water pressure is maintained for years.
- Highly Efficient: Due to its advanced technology, a Solahart Atmos-Air Heat Pump can reach a Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 3.8 making it a highly-efficient water heater.
- Side Fan Design: The side fan design is designed to protect the unit from heavy rain frequently experienced in tropical climates.
- Copper Coil-Around-Tank Technology: Copper coil provides prolonged life and maximum heat transfer efficiency.
- Smart Controller Display: A bright interactive LED touchscreen display putting control at your fingertips
- Durable Top Cover: With its durable plastic top cover, the unit can easily withstand all weather conditions.
ATMOS Air 180 Technical Specifications
|MODEL NUMBER||ATMOS-AIR 180|
|Water Tank Volume (Litres)||180|
|Heating Capacity (kW)||1.7|
|Heating power Input (kW)||0.43|
|Coefficient of Performance (COP)||3.95|
|Default Outlet Water Temp. (°C)||60|
|Maximum Thermostat Setting (°C)||75|
|Rated Current Input (A)||10.4|
|Water Inlet/Outlet Connections (Inch)||Rp 3/4|
|Water Tank Maxium Pressure (kPa)||1000|
|Tank Relief Valve Setting (kPA)||850|
|Heat pump recovery rate (L/h*)||38|
|Dimensions - H x W (mm)||540x1945|
|Packing Dimensions without Pallet - H x W x D (mm)||640x640x2030|
|Net Weight - Empty (kg)||93|
|Operating Ambient Temp. (°C)||-5 to +43|
*Testing at ambient temp.: 20/15°C (Dry Bulb/Wet Bulb) and ambient temp. from 15°C to 55°C for water heater operation. Maximum water temperature heating 75°C
How Heat Pump Water Heaters Work
The efficient heat pump technology extracts energy from the surrounding air. Ambient warmth is used to convert the refrigerant within the sealed system into a gas. The gas is then compressed to generate even more heat which then heats the water in the tank. What’s more this process can work day or night, in sunshine and rain, all year round.
When hot water is drawn off and cold water enters the tank, the thermostat activates a fan, a compressor and a circulator. The fan draws outside air in through the air inlet louvers at the top of the water heater and the pump circulates water from the bottom of the storage tank through a heat exchanger. The operation of the compressor causes a pressure difference within the sealed refrigeration system. This pressure difference causes the refrigerant to move around the sealed system. The refrigerant enters the evaporator as a liquid. As the refrigerant absorbs heat from the atmosphere it changes state, at low pressure, from a sub cooled liquid to a super-heated vapour or gas (evaporates). The vapour then enters the compressor and obtains more heat, known as heat of compression, and passes into the heat exchanger as a super-heated vapour at high pressure.
As the refrigerant passes through the heat exchanger it gives off heat which is absorbed by the water flowing through a separate chamber inside the heat exchanger. As the refrigerant gives off heat it cools and changes state back into a liquid (condenses). The refrigerant then enters the evaporator again and the cycle is repeated. The resulting cold air is then discharged through the air outlet louvers back to atmosphere and the heated water is circulated back into the top of the storage tank. This process continues while ever heating is required until the water in the storage tank reaches a temperature of 60°C.
User-Friendly Smart Control
Every Solahart Atmos-Air Heat Pump comes with an inbuilt touch LCD display. It is user-friendly and boasts a range of operation modes and settings to ensure the lowest energy consumption.
- Vacation Mode - Saves energy when you are on holidays
- Eco-Heating - Smart heating to save energy
- Boost Mode - For emergency hot water requirements
- Variable Temperature Setting - Choose from 55°C to 75°C
- De-icing Function - Automatic de-icing in frost conditions