Small-scale Technology Certificates (STC) are currently used to reduce the purchase price of your new Solahart system, and can often save you thousands of dollars. The number of certificates created will vary based on:
- the size and model of the solar water heater or PV system you choose
- the location of the installation (or zones)
- the amount of electricity in megawatt-hours (MWh) the system will generate or displace over what is known as a deeming period. The deeming period is from the year of installation to the 31st December 2030:
- For a solar hot water system, each STC represents 1 megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity displaced over the deeming period.
- For a solar power system, each STC represents 1 megawatt-hour (MWh) of renewable electricity produced over the deeming period.
The STCs produced by the installation of a Solahart system can be traded and sold on the open market, or your local dealer can exchange them at a discounted price of your system to the current value of STCs. This saves you the hassle of dealing with the certificates post-purchase and reduces the initial capital outlay required.